With patients more willing to talk publicly about their cosmetic procedures, celebrity endorsements, and a push for higher standards with ethical practice. It is no wonder that the industry is ever-growing and plastic surgery statistics are on the rise, year-on-year.
- The amount of Breast Augmentation procedures performed has risen by 12% since 2015
- Blepharoplasty has risen by 12%, too
- Face and Neck Lift procedures have risen by a huge 16%
NON SURGICAL REVOLUTION
Non-surgical treatments are extremely popular now, too, and have become well integrated within the cosmetic surgery industry. Patients often opt for these treatments, as they do not require incisions or any removal of tissue, the results are temporary, and there is much less downtime and risk associated.
Thanks to publicity, the non-surgical anti-ageing treatments such as Botox® and Dermal Fillers have taken over the market. There has been a staggering 55% increase in non-surgical treatment enquires, with the market worth an estimated £18million a year in the UK. The noticeable advance in technology, mixed with education and training for practitioners has generated a positive outcome in the forthcoming developments of the non-invasive world.
INTRODUCING INJECTABLE TREATMENTS
We have seen many plastic surgeons choosing to introduce aesthetic injectables as a service to their patients. In previous years, it has been common to combine products such as Dermal Fillers with surgical procedures, to add extra volume and enhance results, but in the past surgeons have not seen the benefits of offering non-surgical treatments as a sole service. Nowadays, things are different, and here are a few reasons why:
- Patients considering certain surgical procedures, such as a Facelift, will often seek non-surgical, more temporary treatments first, such as the ‘8 point lift’
- Although non-surgical treatments are often much cheaper than surgical procedures, you do retain a patient for on-going, repeat treatments to maintain results
- Sometimes, a non-surgical, injectable solution is actually better for the patient, and in this case surgeons want to be able to provide the best possible results
We feel that education is essential in order to maintain an unrivalled service for patients; even the very best surgeons and doctors take refresher courses from time to time to keep up with the newest advances and techniques. If you would like to look at some of these courses, we have compiled a list of injectable coures which we would highly recommend.
At Aesthetica Solutions, we provide an unrivalled service to surgeons and other medical professionals that are introducing aesthetic injectable treatments to their practice and want to buy high-quality products at the best possible prices, even with low volume orders. Our products include: dermal fillers, toxins, peels and skincare ranges. To register with us, click here.